Friday, August 8, 2008

CRAYONS!!!!!!!!


Can I just say that one of my favorite parts of setting up my classroom at the begining of a new school year is opening the new supplies. Opening the boxes of crayons is like opening a world of possibilities. You lift the lid peer inside and there they are 24 sharpened little soldiers just waiting to be put into action. And the possibilities are endless. I think they are the art supply most used. They get peeled, broken, tossed, rolled, sharpened, melted, shaved, bitten and it does not matter how small they are they can be used in some way. They are plain , flourescent, muticultural, washable, glittered, twistable, fabric, even neon. If that is not enough there are over 120 different colors!! Amazing!! I want everyone to post their favorite color.

6 comments:

Patti said...

you are crazy and i love it!!

my favorite crayola color is:
asparagus - it's an awesome shade of green.

and on a side note: i love crayon color names. they've renamed a bunch over the past few years. the names are hysterical and could be a blog all their own.

Kerri said...

When I was younger I always searched the big box, because I don't think they had it in the 24 count box, for Brick Red. As I got a little older and they introduced more colors I thought Macaroni and Cheese was pretty neat. Getting the 64 count box was a big deal for me.

Man, I want to color now!

Michelle said...

I LOVE TO COLOR! Always have. I love new boxes of crayons, too. Some that I enjoyed as a kid have been "retired". Actually, Shelden has a box of 8 retired crayola colors. How funny is that?

I always liked cornflower blue and magenta. (I always called it magneta as a kid. haha) I liked to look at the silver and gold, because I thought they were pretty, but I didn't use them much.

I know what you mean about new supplies. I still love that.

Did you know that coloring makes your pulse lower? It's a scientific fact. We even tried it in college, and it worked.

Ah, the beginning of school with all of it's "newness". It's a great time of year.

Micah & Sarah said...

Midnight Blue.

If you say burnt sienna, I'll stab you in the jaw.

Patti said...

after the show, come up and say hello. i'll be the one stabbing people in the jaw.

Shelden said...

Wow!!!





Love, Molly