I am realy amazed at how God works in my life. After the conference in Omaha I was ready to be stretched by God and to grow in so manys ways. Well the joke was on me because all the ways I was prepared to be stretched were none of the ways God was going to stretch me. He really does have a sense of humor.Have you ever been blind sided by something that never should have been a surprise at all? Well that is what definitely happened to me. Scott wanted me to realy step up and preach and take on a more active roll in Revolution Church and I,to put it nicely, freaked out in epic proportions. As I look back months later I have to laugh. You see I never saw myself as that person, sure I knew I was a leader, but preaching? Leading the meeting? that was for qualified people, definitely not me. It is funny sometimes how we percieve ourselves in a completly wrong manner. We look thru our eyes and the worlds instead of thru God's.
I would like to be able to say I have completely overcome and am preaching with confidence but that would not be the truth. But I have taken it one step at a time walking with God putting my faith in Him and trying to lay my life on the alter. I haven't always done it with the right attitude and I have had a freak out or two. The amazing thing is that God knew where I was headed and He put exactly the right people in my life to help me grow and mature. Living with Donnie and Bekah has been one of the ways God has blessed me with an amazing source of strength. And Scott has been wonderful, I know sometimes he just laughs and doesn't know what to do with me. Often these days I laugh at how much alike we are.
I look back over the last couple of years and I think where did I go? And who is this person I have become? I never in a million years would have seen where I am now, preaching, leading, prophesying, teaching, painting, funny how we see our life so small yet if we give it to God he can do so much with so little.
I am going to be preaching for the next month at Revolution Church, not my idea, and it is going to be difficult and very stretching for me. I hold on to the fact that God knows what is best and that He will speak to me. Be praying for me. I will try to be better at posting. Sorry that I have been so lacking, there has just been so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It is so good to hear from you again! I know that you will do a great job preaching, but I will still pray for you.
Thanks Abigail. You have know idea how much I apreciate that.
Elastigirl,
I shouldn't forgive you for making us wait so long for a post, but I guess I will. I can't stay mad.
Post a Comment