On the moist afternoon of Wednesday, September 9th , I took the short walk down the sidewalk to my assigned post as crossing guard. I stood in the hot afternoon sun watching the school buses exit onto the highway. When suddenly out of the corner of my eye I noticed something moving toward the road a few feet from my position on the roadway. Is it a lobster? I don't think so......hmmm I was left wondering. It was approaching the road coming towards the crosswalk....Do I kill it? Is it dangerous to the children? A line of kids is approaching, what should I do? I walk out into the road keeping an eye on this creature from the deep and one eye on the kids. A car approaches and stops just short of the crosswalk and I saw the funniest thing ever in my life, this creature stands almost straight up and acts like it is going to attack the car. The kids have walked across and I walk back to my post waiting for the next batch and I am looking at this creature, which I now realise is a crawdad, and it is still in attack position. I am laughing because these giant cars are passing by it and in it's mind it is probably set for war and then a semi rolled by and it went SPLAT! And I just stood there laughing at the absurdity of it all. Who knew that front page news could happen right there at my crossing guard post.
Friday, September 11, 2009
CRAWDAD ATTACKS AT CROSSWALK!!
On the moist afternoon of Wednesday, September 9th , I took the short walk down the sidewalk to my assigned post as crossing guard. I stood in the hot afternoon sun watching the school buses exit onto the highway. When suddenly out of the corner of my eye I noticed something moving toward the road a few feet from my position on the roadway. Is it a lobster? I don't think so......hmmm I was left wondering. It was approaching the road coming towards the crosswalk....Do I kill it? Is it dangerous to the children? A line of kids is approaching, what should I do? I walk out into the road keeping an eye on this creature from the deep and one eye on the kids. A car approaches and stops just short of the crosswalk and I saw the funniest thing ever in my life, this creature stands almost straight up and acts like it is going to attack the car. The kids have walked across and I walk back to my post waiting for the next batch and I am looking at this creature, which I now realise is a crawdad, and it is still in attack position. I am laughing because these giant cars are passing by it and in it's mind it is probably set for war and then a semi rolled by and it went SPLAT! And I just stood there laughing at the absurdity of it all. Who knew that front page news could happen right there at my crossing guard post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE IT!!!!
The only thing better would have been a video of the entire event.... I think you need to sketch this out, maybe do a little flip-book action :)
Love me some crawdad flip-book action. It will finished for my viewing pleasure before I arrive home.
Don't blog so much. ;)
That is awesome!
YAY Amy blogged for the first time in MONTHS!!!
I heard you wrote a new blog but this was WAY funnier than I anticipated. I love the photo! Too funny.
Post a Comment