Monday, May 30, 2011

Turning a new page

It has been a long time since I have written anything on this blog. I have decided that it is time to turn a new page in this blogs book and try my best to keep it updated. Let's see since my last blog I had major surgery on my neck...no biggie, a little donor bone, a metal plate a few screws super close to my spinal cord. And my neck is good as new, Thank you God for such a miracle. Then, few months in a very fashionable brace that was never uncomfortable or itchy. After that I had another major surgery to get a new ACL in my knee. No sweat, a wheel chair, crutches and I lost count of how many braces and months of rehab and it is almost back to normal. I thank God for that as well because I know that without Him I never would have made it through.

School is out for the SUMMER! Woo Hoo! I would just like to say that this was the hardest school year I have ever had and I am glad to see it come to an end. I am ready to chalk it up to me still recovering physically and move on. I am hoping for great things for the next school year.

I am super excited about leaving for Omaha this weekend and promise I will tell all about it when I get back. I am writing like I think someone is actually going to be reading this, which is kind of making me chuckle a little bit to myself.

If you are reading this and know me at all(Patti) you know that my ADD has kicked in at this late hour and now I am starting to get a little on the giddy side and I am going to start rambling so I will close this post now........

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Your surgeries were far from "no biggie" but I read the sarcasm. You had a great attitude the whole way through and I am glad you're here and well. Yes, here. I appreciate and love you and I'm so thankful you made it through such a horrific car accident.

I am excited about Omaha too! I'm excited about the unknown aspects of it and what God will do in our lives. VERY cool stuff ahead.
Looking forward to getting away with you and Patti.

Keep writing. I typically don't blog because of the ADD-ness I get.

:)

Patti said...

"...a little donor bone..."