Friday, March 28, 2008
What's in a name?
Why would I name my blog Miss P.? I know some of you are snickering. It's ok. Everyday when I enter thru the doors of the school where I teach I can't help but let a smile spread across my face. You see everyday I am greeted with things like, "What's up Miss P.?" or "Miss P. I am so glad your here I have a story I want to tell you." If you had told me on my graduation day that I would live my life as Miss P. I probably would have laughed at you. How did I become Miss P? Well, it's easy, you see my first year of teaching I had a middle school class of almost all boys. Enough said. Anyone who has spent any time with a large group of middle school boys knows that from the first moment it left one boys lips there was no turning back. Now I guess I could have been a stick in the mud kind of teacher and made them call me Miss Paterni, but I knew from the moment it was said it was not poking fun, it was a term of endearment. Now there have been other names that have come along, Miss Paturkey or Miss Pepperchili, but I prefer Miss P. I am that teacher...you know the one that wears jeans every chance she gets, and wears her converse even with nice black pants. My shoelaces are checkered in the schools colors. I take the time to listen to kids stories. I notice when they are not doing well and ask if there is a way I can help. I don't have a problem with correcting them by my standards instead of the standards of this world. I love these kids even when they seem unlovable. God has given me such a heart for them it hurts. I tell them how much I care about them especially when they say I don't. I laugh sometimes at the humor of God. He set me to work in a mission field that I hated while I was growing up. I thought school was the worst place on earth. Now I can't imagine being anywhere else. I don't know how well I am going to do at this blogging thing. I am not much of a writer but I thought I would give it a try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Miss P. I love it:) I can't wait to read your updates. Love, Sarah
You don't have to be a good writer. You just have to be thousands of miles away. We will be reading whatever you write. God has been dealing with us about loving the unlovable, too. Thank you for your blog.
~Micah
Welcome to blog world Miss P.
So glad to see your blog!
J
And by the way . . . great writing!
Thanks for the encouragement guy's.
i thought it was great! people can get all bent out of shape about this blogging stuff - just type what you're feeling and do so in the manner in which you speak
good job, miss p
HEY! Miss P. is a great name for your blog. Love you!
I think it would be called "Miss P." because your last name is Paterni. Lots of love,
-Shelden
(P.S. Is that how you spell your last name?)
Post a Comment