Thursday, May 22, 2008

Schools out for the summer!!

Yesterday was the close of what seemed to be a long school year. The last day of school is always strange to me. By the last month of school we, by we I mean teachers, are counting down the days till summer break. Then the last day of school comes and I am so excited and also a little sad. You spend the whole year trying to reach these kids as well as teach them. And even though I am exhausted, emotional, irritable, and feel like I have run out of ideas I can't help but let a smile creep across my face. I love these kids, even in their most terrible moments, I love them.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I know exactly what you mean. Most of the time by this time of the year I feel like I didn't do any good. I just have to believe that something good got in there.

Micah & Sarah said...

Loving the unlovable or the hard to love can be so challenging, but that is one of the biggest calls on our lives as teachers.
We aren't even to the end of our first semester. Pray for us during your Summer break! :)
~Micah

Shelden said...

I'm so happy school is out.