Sunday, May 4, 2008
Art Shows, Art Shows and more Art Shows
Well this has been a crazy week filled with art show after art show. Monday and Tuesday I hosted the conference art show at my school. There are 10 schools in our conference. That's a lot of teachers to organize and a lot of artwork to get hung on the walls. There were a few tense moments but I would have to say that it was very successful. I got complements from my Principal and Superintendent so I am happy. I have a love /hate relationship with the conference art show. I hate that it is so much work but I love to see what the other schools have been working on and I enjoy the fact that the students get the chance to be celebrated. Then we took that show down and I started putting up artwork K-12. Friday evening was the Elementary Night of the Arts. The kindergarten students were so adorable. They did so well singing in front of everyone. Then we had the Middle school/ High school Night of the Arts on Saturday night. Complements again so the hard work payed off. Monday I will be sponsoring the 6th grade class trip to Wilson Creek Battle Field. Pray for my survival.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This sounds like a lot of amazing work. Creativity is one of my absolute favorite aspects that God has passed down to us.
I am thinking of setting up an art show to sell photographic prints and raise money for scholarships to the school here.
Don't you just love those art shows. Lots of love,
-Shelden
We have a Pringles can. We'll probably just recycle it.
Post a Comment