What a fantastic journey our lives would be if we lived like Jesus was standing in our presence. I have been pondering on this for a while. Tennyson senior came and spoke at Rev Church a month or so ago and he put a chair right in the middle of the gazeebo like Jesus was sitting in the seat. And over the past couple of weeks Scott has made references like that as well.
The more I thought about it the more I realized that I always think about Jesus being right there with me in the hard times. You know, the hard seasons when you feel like no matter how much you pray you can't hear His voice. No matter how much you read His word its like reading stereo instructions. I know some of you are laughing right now. Only because you know what I mean, we all have been in those seasons.
There is amazing power in realizing that He is there in every moment. Every moment. Not just when we need Him or call out to Him, every moment. That realisation can cause your life to be a fantastic journey. It gives Him the opportunity to move in you, to use you as a tool in your everyday life. It causes you to be a light in a dark place.
The more I thought about it the more I became aware of the things I was saying at work. The jokes that you know you should not laugh at but sometimes do and you try to make yourself feel better by saying that it was inappropriate. How effective is your light shinning if you are laughing right along with everyone else? I say this because God has been talking to me about it, even now as I sit here writing. Would you make that joke or that sarcastic comment if you lived like He was standing right beside you? Ouch. That one hurt me.
I pray for people all the time, my friends, family, co-workers, students and it dawned on me....what if I am part of the answer? What if I am missing an opportunity because I am not recognizing that God is right next to me. Now, don't get me wrong I am not acting crazy or being inappropriate with these people. But what if I just made myself more aware? Thought a little more before I spoke. And spoke with confidence when God asked me to.
I know that God is calling me to a higher standard in these days.
I want my life to be a fantastic journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is fantastically right and wonderfully challenging. "What if I'm part of the answer?" I think that sometimes, too. If you don't consider that, you won't allow yourself to be part of the answer. We say, "God, bless them." and He says, "Okay, go ahead."
Love you, Amy.
Post a Comment