Monday, June 30, 2008

Daymares

Can I just say I am already laughing about this blog and I am only on the first sentence. I have been having way too many daymares lately. What is a daymare?, you ask. Let me define it for you. Daymare: a vision had while awake that is intense in nature during the normal course of your day and resembles some sort of dream you would have had after eating some late night pizza. I know that these daymares have been brought about by my own inability to just relax and not dwell on things. I am laughing and shaking my head at myself right now. It is good to be able to laugh at oneself.

I will share one with you.

I have been obsessing about getting this painting of a prophetic word done. I have attacked the problem from many angles to no avail. I was sitting at work completely frustrated. While working, I had this daymare.

I am talking to Scott Squires and he is telling me that I am not going to be able to help lead Revolution Church anymore because I am in complete rebellion about the painting. I yell at him several times and tell him that I don't care what he says I am not painting it. I say that I have restarted the painting 12 times and I am not doing it anymore. He says, you are going to take me to your studio right now, I want to see these paintings.(apparently I have a studio I know nothing about) So, I take him to the studio, we are standing in the middle of the room. Now mind you I have not only painted the painting 12 different times I have also covered every wall with trees. He just looks at me and says, There is nothing wrong with any one of these paintings.

Crazy isn't it!

Anyway, the other one is too sad to share. Keep looking on the blog though there may be future daymare postings.

3 comments:

Micah & Sarah said...

Amy...I'm not sure what to think about this. Please, take a nap or something! Get some rest, girlfriend!
Thanks for the new round of cards. We just read number 1 last night. We miss you and we'll be praying for you. btw- Sarah pointed out that I have things similar to your "daymares", so either it's normal or we're both crazy.
Love ya,
Micah

Patti said...

in response to micah:

you are both CRAZY!!!!

but i mean that in the nicest possible way ;)

Kerri said...

I don't know if you're supposed to REALLY paint a prophetic painting or not but I think you should just grab a paintbrush and canvas and lock yourself in your "studio" for a few hours and work it out. Maybe God's saying this is what you need to do. You may just need to paint trees on canvas!