I love it when I am in the midst of a trying day and God sends me people who are dear to me to give me what I need most, His word. My dear friend Andrea called me a couple days ago at the end of what seemed to be yet another trying day in this long difficult season I seem to be in. She gave me this scripture that I want to share with everyone. I am still chewing on it myself. It is out of the message bible, Colossians 1:9-12 "We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul-not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is a strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us."
I was having a conversation with another dear person in my life, Rana, and she said that it did not seem that I had Joy in what I had been doing over the past few months. I am not sure how I got to that place. Then Andrea told me she is doing a study on Joy. Now I am on a journey myself. I was reading another scripture in Ezra about Joy, and it was talking about these people weeping loudly for Joy. Since then this question has been going thru my mind: When is the last time you wept loudly for Joy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been praying about this for about 3-4 years. I tend to be a person that does not live in joy and it comes hard for me sometimes. I, too, love the verses in the Message translation from Col. I have been going over those in my mind periodically to gain perspective. Thanks for the reminder. Really, because of what He has done and who He is, that alone should bring us joy no matter what our circumstances. I would like to tag onto this in my blog if you don't mind.
Post a Comment