Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ownership

I have a prophetic gift and I am taking ownership of it. This has been one of the roughest seasons of my life. Have you ever been in a place where you want something and fight against it at the same time? That is where I have been for months now. I have been wrestling with the prophetic call on my life. But I am not crying uncle I am taking ownership. After many tears, prayers, frustration and much needed truth from friends my eyes were opened to where I was living. I was in deep frustration over not understanding this gift God has given me. You know what I figured out? I can't do it myself. I need people to help me, not only that but I needed to ask for the help. And I needed to take ownership of the call on my life. People can tell you you have a gift but if you don't take ownership of it you are not going to get very far. I am not saying I have it all figured out, because I don't. But I definitely feel a weight lifted off of me and a confidence that was not there before. Embrace what God has called you to do, fighting it does not get you anywhere.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Good for you Amy!

I'll never forget the day you were in the Nwagwu's kitchen all worked up because you hadn't given the word you'd received in church almost two years ago. Look how far you've come!

Unknown said...

That day was an important day for me. I reaalized where I was living and that I couldn't live there any longer. And I knew that I needed my friends support to take the step I knew God was requiring of me. Now I look back on that day and that God for His mercy.