Today Mom, Ron, and I went into Bay City for the Tall Ship Celebration. It was something Ron picked out for all of us to do together. It was a bit toasty in the sun while admiring the ships but I had a great time. The lines were too long so we didn't actually tour the inside of any of the boats but it was interesting to see all the different sizes, shapes and learn the stories about the ships and the crews that man the ships. Very interesting.
| Sorlandet-Full-Rigged Ship |
| We got this passport that told a bit about each ship. |
Ron made mom and I take a picture with these lovely pirates.
| These guys must have been so hot! |
| Ron and I sweating |
| Peacemaker-Barquentine |
| Pride of Baltimore II-Square Topsail Schooner |
| Mom and I sweating. |
We stopped for lunch at this diner. Enough said.
Then we went to the best Antique Mall I have ever been to in my whole life. It was a whole city block! Absolutely incredible, I had so much fun. I didn't even get to see the whole place.
I wanted to buy all of these!
And all of these....
There were drawers of these, I spent a long time trying to dig out some letters. I was disappointed that I couldn't find a large A :( But I had so much fun looking through them and picking some out.
Then we went to the best coffee house ever! Beatles and Beans!
Absolutely every inch of the place was covered in Beatles memorabilia. I only got to be in there for a few minutes because we were on our way to get the shuttle back to the car. Definitely will have to come back here next year.
All in all we had a good day. Sorry Kerri that R2 did not make an appearance. I got my hands so dirty with ink at the Antique shop I couldn't get him out of my purse.
2 comments:
Ummmmm.....I want to hear about the lunch place. I'm thinkijg there's a good story there.
That is a story for when I get home :)
Post a Comment