Thursday, July 18, 2013

Traverse City

Shame on me, I  didn't take any pictures while we were in Traverse City.  I kept forgetting my camera and poor R2 got left in my other purse.  Mom and I had a fabulous time at the resort.  The rooms were very nice and the hotel grounds, beach, etc were excellent.  The first day we checked in and went straight to the beach.....got a bit of sun.  Went shopping and out to dinner at Sleders.  The food was yummy.  back to the hotel for some card playing and lots of laughs.

Day 2 we headed down to the beach for about 3 hours, burnt my legs and face.  Oh well, it was worth every second we spent in the water.  Cleaned up and went shopping, it was super hot.  We were sweating, gross.  Tried to go to the mall, but the power was out.  Apparently, everyone turning on their air because of the heat caused 1/2 the city to loose power temporarily.  We had some pretty good Mexican food and headed back to the hotel.  We were pretty tired.  Rented a movie, then mom zonked out while I stayed up sketching.

Day 3 we packed up, checked out and headed to the Sleeping Bear sand dunes. That's a story for when I get home.  We went into Glen Arbor and checked out an art fair and walked around the town a bit but it was too hot.  We had to pack it in and get out of the heat.  Stopped at a fruit stand on the way back.  I made a new friend.....a chicken followed me around the whole time,  never a dull moment.

No comments: