Monday, April 21, 2008
The Best of Times and The Worst of Times
Friday. Friday Friday Friday. Normally a day I love. This last Friday....not so much. I started out my day by locking my keys in my car once I got to school. Can I just say that given the emotional state I was already in about the funeral I wanted to have a complete meltdown right there at my car. Thankfully I have Jesus. I went into the principals office and he got a locksmith to come out...... no meltdown and 25.00 later I had my keys. I just had to laugh at the humor of my life. Things like that are always happening to me. When I am at my worst most emotional point some unlucky thing happens. I really am unlucky. But you know the more I think about it I am very lucky in my unluckiness. Ha Ha. (Patti that was for you.) Let me explain. God always meets me in those moments. He gives me this ability to laugh it off, which I find to be an unusual reaction, because I know there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I don't get mad or angry, I just laugh and shrug it off. I just trust that God is going to take care of it. Any way all that to say the rest of my school day went by pretty uneventfully. I went to the funeral. I grabbed hold of all the Jesus on the inside of me and sat behind my students to support them the best way I could. The funeral was packed. The slide show made me want to ball my eyes out. Afterward we went thru the line to pay our respects to the family. I had no idea what I was going to say, never having met his family. When I saw his mother she grabbed hold of my hand, smiled so big and said,"Miss P", well needless to say my eyes welled up at this point I said something about having a heart for him and how sorry I was. I have never met this woman before. Then I realised that she must have remembered me from my speech at his eighth grade graduation. You see his class was the first eighth grade class I had. God really gave me a heart for that class. They asked me to speak for them at graduation. I really put my heart into that speech. My love for those kids must have been evident because she remembered me. That gives me amazing hope that I am having an impact on these kids. Then I got the amazing privilege to have Revolution Church Prayer in my home. It was an amazing night. The young laddies from the youth group joined us and we had an amazing time together in the presence of God. Then we got to end the day by serving and going to clean the Church. Can I just say that God is good, and even in the moments that should be the worst God gives us amazing Joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aww, Amy, that sounds like quite a day. I appreciate you sharing about it. Isn't God good? In a time when you could've felt like everything was going wrong, He shows up and carries you through difficult situations. And to end the day as you did, that it awesome. This was a beautiful story.
I would like to be able to shake it off and not get mad. GOD IS GOOD!!!!! Lots of love,
-Shelden
Days like that happen all too often. I guess He thinks we can handle them. You're a strong woman and that's to be admired. I admire you.
Post a Comment