Sunday, April 27, 2008

Smokey the Bear

My poor Dad is completely embarrassed about his accident this weekend and is having to endure more than a couple of funny remarks. My brother is calling him Smokey the Bear. I find no humor in the situation and am very thankful to God that he is alive. For those of you who have not heard he tried to set some brush on fire. He poured some gasoline on it and let just say there was an explosion. He now has second degree burns all over his face and all the way up one arm. I shudder to think what would have happened had he not had on his glasses. Needless to say he is in pain and has some pretty nasty looking blisters that are oozing grossly over his bandages. I wanted to cry when I saw him. Can just say that I would mind a few weeks of a really boring life.

2 comments:

Micah & Sarah said...

Sometimes I think boring is so way taken for granted. Boring isn't so bad afterall:) Sorry to hear about your dad - that has to be one of the most painful experiences a person could survive. Love you, Sarah

Patti said...

amy.....if our lives were boring we'd never be able to go through crazy family stuff together