Tuesday, April 15, 2008
I NEED JESUS
I know I have not written in awhile. Can I say I just didn't feel like it with everything that has gone on I was too sad. If I can be really honest right now, today I feel like a failure as a teacher. Today I look at these kids and think I have not made a bit of difference. Nothing went right today at school. I could not get my middle school boys under control. I am angry. Angry because I failed as a teacher to get them under control, and because I know they are better kids than this. They need Jesus. And today was one of those days where I just looked at them and thought I am not making one bit of difference. I know we don't live by our emotions but can I say that today was rough. And to add fuel to the fire, they found my students body. They are going to have the funeral on Friday. Part of me is so relieved for his his family and the students to be able to have closure. The emotional part of me says that I don't think I can handle it and that I have nothing to offer these kids. Then the Jesus in me rises up to remind me that I do, it's been an ongoing battle today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy never doubt for a second that you are a failure! That is a lie from the pit of Hell! You are a wonderful teacher. Yes we all have bad days but that does not negate the fact of you being a good teacher. You have an amazing love for your studentst that is not common among teachers. Your heart is to show them Christ, which you do, on a daily basis. No we don't always get it right but we are human and in our weakness He is made strong! So when you think that you are getting no where just remember that He is your source of strength and that those kids do see the light of Jesus reflected inside of you.
Love you
Tiffany
Post a Comment