Well I have been back in Detroit since Thursday. Mom and I drove down from Gladwin and went straight to my Uncle John's. I had not seen him in at least 10 years. It was great to catch up. My Aunt Jo came in from Ohio. I had not seen her in 11 years. This was shaping up to be a family reunion. Then to my surprise my Uncle Danny came over and so did my cousin David. It was so good to see everyone. We talked for hours and shared stories and pictures. We went out to dinner, and my cousin Kelly joined us for that. That night we went to my grandmas and we stayed with her thru Sunday.
On Friday we got u and took my Ma to breakfast and then did a little shopping at the mall. Now you have to realise that Ma moves at about a snails pace so it was slow going but we talked and laughed a lot. She was able to find a pair of pants and a couple shirts. At this point she was pretty warn out so we took he home and mom and I ran some errands. We went back and picked Ma up for another trip to DeLucas.Yes! She tried to convince us that they had sold the place and redecorated and of course nothing tasted right to her. But really, it was just the same as it always.
Saturday we spent with my brother, Nicole, Lauren and Katie. We went and walked a street fair in Northville. I bought 2 cool necklaces made out of dominoes. We ate dinner at the Rusty Bucket and then went to Laurens dance recital. It was so much fun to see her dance. My brother did a daddy daughter dance with her and it was precious to see.
On Sunday Mom and I got up for breakfast and then headed over to my brothers so we could all go to church together. After church mom left to go back up to Gladwin :( Very sad for me.
Here are some pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your trip seemed incredible; a great family bonding time for all. We're looking forward to you being back. Miss you Miss P!
Now I'm thinking about the story you told me about your Ma and the cashier. LOL...I love granparents.
Post a Comment