Sunday, June 12, 2011

A touch of my childhood

"We are eating at De Luca's tonight," was the sweetest thing I ever heard as a child.  All day the anticipation of knowing that we were going there was almost to much to bare.  It was always a family affair,Pa, Ma, my parents, my brother, Aunt Patty and Uncle Dave and my cousins, Jennifer and Stacey.  We had to get there between 4:30 and 5:00 and even then there was almost always a wait.  No place to sit and just a tiny little closet like entryway.  We would be stuffed in their like sardines just waiting and smelling the wonderful food.  Then the hostess would seat us and we would wait patiently for the bread sticks, yeah right.  My grandma would order us kids a Shirley Temple and that was a big treat.  Then they would order two large Antipasto Salads with the best Italian dressing ever.  The adults would order Lasagna and spaghetti, but us kids would always order pepperoni pizza.  It is the best I have ever eaten.  Even as an adult it is my favorite thing to eat.  My brother, George and my sister-in-law, Nicole took me there to dinner tonight.  I got to sit there at the table with my nieces and smile and hope that they will have as fond of memories of this restaurant as I do.  The pizza tonight was absolutely delicious!!!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Aw, sounds amazing. Eat all the pizza you can before "boot camp."

Patti said...

Ha Ha...boot camp.

Pizza...I miss good pizza.

Unknown said...

Patti.....I enjoyed every single morsel :)