Sorry it took so long to post again but I was without internet till now. Lets see where should I begin......I made the short trip up to Gladwin on Monday. It was so good to see my mom and Ron. We spent a couple days resting and catching up and then we headed to Traverse city on Wednesday morning. For those of you non-Michiganders, Traverse city is at the top left of the mitten :) We stayed at the Sugar Beach Resort which was right on the beach, yeah! It was very nice. As soon as we arrived we checked into the hotel, put on our swimsuits and went right to the beach. I totally got burned, but I didn't even care. It was so nice to be on the lake. I didn't even realise how much I missed it. After about 2 hours and some very pink legs, ouch!, we decided to go downtown and get something to eat. We ate at the Grand Traverse Pie Company. It was delicious and their Cherry pie is scrumptious. We walked around a bit but we heard the beach calling us so we went back to the hotel. This time I stuck to my regular clothes so as not to blister myself. We stayed out on the beach into the evening with sweatshirts on laughing and enjoying the water.
Thursday started out rainy so we went bowling. We had so much fun, mom loves to bowl. Then we headed downtown for lunch and hit all the shops. They had all sorts of crazy shops and we went into them all. The rain stopped mid-morning but it was cloudy all day. We went back to the hotel and hit the pool for a couple hours, at this point we were tired so we rented a movie and settled in for the night.
Friday was overcast but the sun managed to poke its head out once in awhile. We went to some antique malls and a few shops we saw here and there then headed downtown for lunch. We picked up a cherry pie to take home to Ron and then began the journey back to Gladwin, it only takes like an hour and a half :)
Not much happening today. Mom gave Lucy a haircut and bath, that dog really needed it, she looks much better. We are going grocery shopping and just hanging out today. I miss everyone so much. I miss George and Nicole and the girls. Can't wait to get back to see them next week. I also miss everyone at home very much. Patti and Bekah give Ethan, Audrey and Miles bug hugs and kisses from Aunt Ameee :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aunt Am-eee...we all miss you here, too. Ethan and I are definitely missing your personage. Audrey is missing you, too...but keeps asking what her present will be. Ah, three year olds.
See you in 12 days :)
Sounds like you're truly on a vacation! Sounds delightful. Sadly when I go "home" it never really feels like a vacation but more a visit. There IS a difference. Your mom seems to be spoiling you - nice! Enjoy yourself but take it easy on that knee.
:)
Miss you.
p.s. - Patti sat in a different seat in church today. I think she's missing you the most.
The feeling is mutual....I feel like part of me is missing without her.
Post a Comment